Sunday, April 3, 2011

Reptile expo Iowa

 

 

 

 

Today I went to the reptile expo.  It was more like a snake expo. I will have to say I was let down a bit. there was a lack of lizards, and the frilled dragon guy didn't show up. I collected some business cards from the venders. I  have visited the sites, and I was not that impressed.  There was a lack of habitats, and reading information, (I mean that they had very few books out). I guess that I was expecting something better, and bigger. I didn't even see any educational classes. besides that it wasn't bad.  I did not come home empty handed, I did get Phi  (Dart frog). He has great markings teal and black. The guy and lady that I bought him from had some interesting prices for there frogs. First they were $15-$30.  When I came back to get Phi prices were $40-$50. I ended paying $40.  Now he is at home. Fluffy has a new cousin. I am posting a few pictures that I did get of PHI.

Update

Phi passed away…we're not sure why we think that perhaps it was either a problem with the vendor/breeder at the expo or just the stress of changing habitats, he was housed in a reptile terrarium with proper humidity and was fed fruit flies but phi unfortunately passed away.

No comments:

Post a Comment